Monday, November 23, 2009

Review: Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Last week I installed KDE on my new Ubuntu 9.10 installation by installing the package
kubuntu-desktop in Synaptic package manager.

Soon I also changed my login manager to KDM.



After one week using Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala I have to say that this is one of the best KDE
Linux distributions I've ever tried.


Nearly everything works perfectly and I've had very few crashes.



Here is a screenshot of my current desktop setup:








I've done a few changes to the default Kubuntu setup:

I've changed my theme to Glassified

I've changed my widget style to Bespin

I've changed my icon theme to NuoveX2

I've removed the task manager widget and added the widget Stasks which shows only
icons in the panel instead of icons and the names of the programs.



I've also enabled KDE's desktop effects.


This setup is very beautiful and very productive.

2 comments:

  1. how did the changes, you mention?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was frustrated with KK because I experienced network connection issues. I searched for installs to fix the bug to no avail. I'll have to wait for the bugs to be fixed. I reinstalled JJ for now. Glad to hear your positive review. :)

    ReplyDelete